Monday, May 25, 2009

Ask an Author Week #7: Ingela F. Hyatt

Question: If you could meet any author in the world (dead or alive) who would it be and why?

Ingela F. Hyatt: I think I would need to write a whole article to answer this question properly, because I can't choose just one author. But I'll try to keep this short. For those authors who are dead...Shakespeare, of course. His plays inspired me to embrace literature, particularly Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, and my favorite, Hamlet. Charles Dickens whose life and writings are utterly amazing, and it would be a thrill to meet him. J.R.R. Tolkien for Lord of the Rings--the ultimate fantasy adventure which my mother read to me over and over again when I was a child. I think it is the reason I have such a vivid imagination. I would like to ask Mr. Tolkien what inspired him to write such a masterpiece. And I would have loved to have met Katherine E. Woodiwiss. I was deeply effected by her passing in 2007 (as many writers and readers). Her romances were so beautifully crafted and inspired a whole legion of authors. I wish I could have told her what her books meant to me.

Of the living...well, there are a whole slew of authors I would love to meet in person, and some of whom I've been lucky enough to converse with online. I've even developed friendships with some. I would love to meet: Teresa Medeiros, Jo Beverley, Bertrice Small, Gaelen Foley, Virginia Henley, Karen Marie Moning, Nicole Jordan, Liz Carlyle, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, Stephen King, Mary Balogh, Eloisa James, and Cheryl Holt...just to name a few. 

He is a desperate prisoner escaped from the dungeons... She is his beautiful and daring captive... Will his passion kill again?

Imprisoned by his look-alike cousin, Lord Reynard de Fauconer escapes with the aid of beautiful Lady Rianna de Termonde, come to marry the imposter Baron Rothwell. Desperate to escape his cousin's wrath, Reynard kidnaps Rianna realizing, though unbeknownst to her, he is her true betrothed, becoming infuriated when she does not recognize him. Racing across England, they fight brigands, hidden foes, and a love so passionate it threatens to destroy them both.

Buy Ingela's Book

Visit Ingela's Website

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home