Monday, May 18, 2009

Ask an Author Week #6: Ingela F. Hyatt

Question: What genre (if any) have you always dreamed of writing but haven't found the time and/or inspiration to write?

Ingela F. Hyatt: Good question. When I first began writing, I never dreamed I'd want to write anything other than Medieval Romance. Then I discovered the Georgian Era and I haven't looked back. I'd love to write romances set in ancient Egypt and feudal Japan, but those are still historicals, of course. Recently though, I've become obcessed with Paranormal Romance. I can't seem to read enough, and I have several Paranormal series crowding my thoughts. One series in particular is just dying to get out and I'm hoping I'll find the time and inspiration soon---I can't wait to write it! There's just something about Vampires that gets the blood flowing...

He is a desperate prisoner escaped from the dungeons... She is his beautiful and daring captive... Will his passion kill again?

Imprisoned by his look-alike cousin, Lord Reynard de Fauconer escapes with the aid of beautiful Lady Rianna de Termonde, come to marry the imposter Baron Rothwell. Desperate to escape his cousin's wrath, Reynard kidnaps Rianna realizing, though unbeknownst to her, he is her true betrothed, becoming infuriated when she does not recognize him. Racing across England, they fight brigands, hidden foes, and a love so passionate it threatens to destroy them both.

Buy Ingela's Book

Visit Ingela's Website

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It's so easy to get obsessed with Paranormal. I find my tastes evolving as I get older.

    Val
    lastnerve2000@gmail.com

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Caffey said…

    Hi Ingela! After I read this in ebook I also got it in print and its on the keepers shelf!

    I too love paranormal! I never saw anything I think, with Medieval and Paranormal! I love vamps in historical. I so hope you do this!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Ingela F. Hyatt said…

    Hi Val,

    Yes, it IS easy to become obcessed with Paranormal. Besides, for as long as I can remember, I've ALWAYS had a thing for Vampires.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Ingela F. Hyatt said…

    Hi Cathie!

    Long time no see. I hope you are doing well. I'm glad you like A Knight of Passion so much it's on your keeper shelf. That does my author-heart good.

    You're right, Historical Paranormal Romance IS rare. However, my first series actually takes place in the present, but has a VERY different twist to the vampire mythology (that's all I can say). If you like Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series, then you'll probably like this.

    However, I DO have a series in mind with Vampires in Medieval times, which should satisfy you.

    Also a series to do with Demons, of all things. Believe it or not, but the storyline came to me in a dream and totally blew me away. However, it's going to have to wait a while before I can write it. ;)

    I'm glad to see you again, Cathie.

    Ingela

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love anything historical. I am learning to like other genres too, paranormals have appealed to me lately. I've read this one and I loved it.

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    I myself love Historicals, paranormal,time travel when it innvolves any "Scottish Highlanders." :)
    I love KMM's Fever series, waiting till August for the next book.
    I don't know what it is, but Vampires and were wolves I enjoy reading too.
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger annalisa said…

    Hi Ingela!

    Paranormal books have always appealed to me, and I love it that more authors are writing paranormal books. There is such a great variety of paranormal books out there that I never seem to get tired of reading them.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger kansassweet43 said…

    I read alot of paranormals, my favs
    would have to be vampires, ghosts,
    and those hunky highlanders that time travel. I also read alot of regencies.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Kytaira said…

    I love paranormals! Especially historical paranormals or ones that take place on other worlds. Keep it coming!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home