Monday, May 18, 2009

Ask an Author Week #6: Shelley Mosley/Deborah Shelley

Question: What genre (if any) have you always dreamed of writing but haven't found the time and/or inspiration to write?

Shelley Mosley/Deborah Shelley: I’ve always wanted to write children’s books. It’s much harder than you’d think. Children’s authors and illustrators have my utmost admiration.

I write as Deborah Shelley with Deborah Mazoyer. Our novels are in Dutch, Danish, French, Russian, Norwegian, Portuguese, and large type. My nonfiction includes: The Suffragists in Literature for Youth; Romance Today: An A-to-Z Guide to Contemporary American Romance Writers; The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Ultimate Reading List; and Crash Course in Library Supervision.

Visit Shelley's Website 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger LuAnn said…

    I've always thought it would be fun to write children's books, too!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Caffey said…

    Nice to meet you Shelley! When I took up art in HS I always wanted to do some work for within a illustrated book but I wasn't good with the children pics, I did more of the scenery ones. But the child in me still loves to pick one up to read through!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Shelley Mosley said…

    Nice to meet you, LuAnn and Caffey! I've taught Children's Literature, and that gave me an excuse to read even more of those wonderful books! Children's authors have special talents. Telling an entire story in relatively few words... Wow, what a gift!

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    Hi,
    It would seem very hard to me, to be able to write a story using as few words as possible and still hold a child's interest. My hats off to Children's authors.
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Shelley Mosley said…

    Hi, Carol L. My hat's off to them, too!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Kytaira said…

    I've always been fascinated by writing children's books as well. Not only are you trying to capture a child's imagination but also trying to match their reading level.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home