Monday, April 13, 2009

Ask An Author Week #1: Shelley Mosley/Deborah Shelley

Question: If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have three books with which to read for five years, which three books would you take and why?

Shelley Mosley/Deborah Shelley: I would take a first aid manual, a book on flora and fauna of that area, and a Bible with the Apocrypha. The first two books would be for physical survival. The last for mental, emotional, psychological, and spiritual survival.

I write as Deborah Shelley with Deborah Mazoyer. Our novels are in Dutch, Danish, French, Russian, Norwegian, Portuguese, and large type. My nonfiction includes: The Suffragists in Literature for Youth; Romance Today: An A-to-Z Guide to Contemporary American Romance Writers; The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Ultimate Reading List; and Crash Course in Library Supervision.

Visit Shelley's Website 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Arcanespeace said…

    i see by reading your post your a very spiritual person so i was wondering what inspires you when you write be it nature or a picture or just a feeling

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    WOW Shelly! Your definitely working hard out there. Out of all your different types of writting which is your favorite?

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I have not read any of your work, but am always looking for new authors.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Martha Eskuchen said…

    Hello Shelley! The Bible is such a wonderful choice. Hope I would have thought of it if I really had to pick 3! And the others are good practical solutions. If I could take my DH along I thnk I would be okay with survival! You have written some interesting nonfiction. I bet it was very interesting to research the Suffragists book! Was it hard to write it for the youth aspect??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home