Monday, April 13, 2009

Ask An Author Week #1: Kelley Heckart

Question: If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have three books with which to read for five years, which three books would you take and why?

Kelley Heckart: The Mabinogion by Evangeline Walton—this is the best interpretation of the Welsh legends told in The Mabinogion and her writing is enchanting. I can read this book over and over again. Another favorite book of mine is The Mists of Avalon. I love the way Marion Zimmer Bradley told the tale of King Arthur through the eyes of the women around him. Another favorite of mine is Interview With The Vampire. Ann Rice changed the face of vampire tales with this novel and I still think it is the best of all the modern vampire novels.  

Morgaine will do anything to save Avalon, but is she willing to sacrifice Lancelot, the only man capable of filling her heart with love?   

Visit Kelley's Website 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Arcanespeace said…

    welcome to the blogg and i agree ann rice made the vampire really seem real not like the rest i love her work so its greta to see other peopl inspired and likeing her too i cnat wait to hear more about your work

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    Hey Kelley!
    I've never read The Mabinogion, but I agree with that The Mists Of Avalon and Interview With the Vampire are both great!

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I loved Interview With The Vampire!

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Cinnamon said…

    I absolutely love The Mists of Avalon and Interview with the Vampire. I haven't had the pleasure of reading the second one, but it's currently sitting in my very literal to be read pile. I'm lucky it hasn't been knocked over, scattering books across the living room!

    My question: how do you like to wrap up your writing for the session or day? Do you have any sort of "cool down" procedure?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home