Monday, April 13, 2009

Ask An Author Week #1: Jacquie Rogers

Question: If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have three books with which to read for five years, which three books would you take and why?

Jacquie Rogers: OED Unabridged: I’d never run out of words and I could learn a lot, but I’d have to have a magnifying glass to read it.  Complete Works of William Shakespeare: Whatever I’d be in the mood for, Will has something for me—romance, tragedy, humor, sonnets—it’s all there in one volume. Fire and Rain by Kathleen Eagle—my first and favorite romance novel.

I'm a former software designer, campaign manager, deli clerk, and cow milker, but always a bookworm. I've been writing fiction for nearly 10 years, and have several completed novel-length manuscripts in the western historical and futuristic romance genres. My current release is a short contemporary novel, Down Home Ever Lovin' Mule Blues (trade paperback). Before that, Faery Special Romances was released: 10 stories in 10 time periods. Royalties go to Children Tumor Foundation: http://www.ctf.org

Visit Jacquie's Website 

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger robynl said…

    hi and welcome Jacquie; I love Western romances so I should be fine. You have many talents; which was your favorite job? Thanks.

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Arcanespeace said…

    welcome jacquie i cant wait to read your work anyways my question is if u had to chose one shakespear sonnett and one play which would they be and why

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    Hey Jacquie!
    Sounds like a good group of books to keep you busy.
    Considering all of the job's you've had including being an author, Which one would you miss the most while on the island?
    ~Afshan

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Jacquie Rogers said…

    robynl, I love western romances, too. There aren't many published because the big houses say readers don't like them, but I guess they're not reading the email I receive. LOL. My favorite job, other than writing, was working in a bookstore, although I didn't get out of there one single time without spending part of my paycheck. It's like a drunk working in a liquor store.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jacquie Rogers said…

    Arcanespeace, since I love humor, I'd have to pick Sonnet 130. Lines 3 and 4 crack me up every time.

    If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
    If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.
    He was making fun of the grandiose comparisons other poets made of their lovers.

    As for my favorite play, it's a toss up between Much Ado About Nothing and A Midsummer Night's Dream. My guess is you aren't too terribly surprised at that. :)

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jacquie Rogers said…

    Afshan (Babyblue22), I would probably miss computers more than any other inanimate object, so probably programming. I'm always dreaming up a software design and then trying to coerce my dh into coding it. I have about a 40% success rate, I'd guess. The rest, I either let go or code myself.

    But just think, if I had a computer and internet service on the island, I could find any information I ever needed to survive--not to mention call for someone to come rescue me!

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Gina Robinson said…

    The OED! Great choice, Jacquie.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jacquie Rogers said…

    Thanks, Gina. I figured I'd certainly never run out of words with the OED beside me. :)

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Estella said…

    I enjoy Western romances.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home