Monday, June 15, 2009

Ask an Author Week #10: Michelle Beattie

Question:   What is the "coolest" or most interesting thing that has happened to you since becoming a published author?

Michelle Beattie: Finding out this week that Random House in Germnay bought the subrights to the first 3 books of my pirate series and knowing my books will be printed in German. I've never been there, don't speak the language. I think that's so cool!

I live in Alberta Canada, in an off-grid house run completely by solar power. I began writing shortly after coming back from my honeymoon.  
I originally wrote westerns but fell in love with Pirates of the Caribbean and wrote my own pirate story, which became the first book I ever sold.

Visit Michelle's Website

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That is soooo awesome! Congratulations Michelle!
    Best Wishes,
    Chris Mead

     
  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    If you could do anything in the world with your character in real life what would it be and why?

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Michelle Beattie said…

    Chris, thanks very much. I, too, think that is awesome!

    Starryann, if I could do anything with my character in real life, I'd love for Luke to teach me to sail. Now that I've written about it, I'd love to experience it first hand by someone who clearly loves every aspect of it.

    And, of course, to see what it's like to kiss a pirate!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger J K Maze said…

    Sounds like you live in a really cool place.

    My introduction to pirates was Pirates of the Caribbean and Johnny Depp. I'm hooked. I'll be watching for any pirate novel you write.

    Joan K. Maze
    www.joanmaze.com

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    Congratulations Michelle. That's an amazing thing to happen. Must feel great. :)
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home