Monday, June 15, 2009

Ask an Author Week #10: Sherry Lewis

Question: What is the "coolest" or most interesting thing that has happened to you since becoming a published author?

Sherry Lewis: I would have to say serving on the board of directors of Romance Writers of America, especially the year I served as president. It was a fascinating experience for a lot of reasons. I learned a lot about the industry, I met many interesting people and visited interesting places, and I made incredible friends. I found sitting in board meetings with a group of intelligent, savvy, women who were all focused on the same thing and wanting the best for their organization invigorating. It was so cool to watch people disagree vehemently at the board table over an issue, but be adult enough and professional enough to realize that disagreeing didn’t have to become a personal issue. We’d argue -- er debate – and then put aside the issues and go to lunch. I greatly admire the women I served with on the board, as well as the members of RWA’s corporate staff. As an added bonus, I worked through some personal issues, like the fear of having my face plastered on the big screen during conference. And for the first time in my life, I can answer the question “what would you do if you didn’t write?” It may make me sound unbearably boring, but I was fascinated by the world of non-profit organizations. 

Sherry is the multi-published author of contemporary and time-travel romance, and of traditional mystery. When she’s not writing or talking on the phone with her incredibly beautiful, intelligent and gifted grandchildren, she can be found teaching writing classes online. 

Visit Sherry's Website 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    What was your hardest book to write and why?

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger J K Maze said…

    A multi-genre author. I'll have to look at your website.

    I went to the conference in Dallas in 2007, my first, and it was the most wonderful experience. I'm still living off the energy created from that time.

    Joan K. Maze
    www.joanmaze.com

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    Hi Sherry,
    That must have been some feeling. 'm off to your web site. :)
    Carol L.
    Lucky7450@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home