Monday, April 20, 2009

Ask An Author Week #2: Nancy Haddock:

Question: If you could travel back in time for a month long vacation, which Era would you visit and why?

Nancy Haddock: Regency England, but I'd have to be accepted in the Upper Ten Thousand. Or at least be of the landed gentry - and not of the penniless persuasion. I've always loved the UK - England, Scotland, Wales (and Ireland, too) - and am mad about the Regnecy period. Why? Past life connections? Truthfully, I only know I have a tremendous pull to that general time period!

Cesca Marinelli is on an afterlife high until a budding stand-up comic, Jo-Jo the Jester, escapes from his Atlanta nest looking for sanctuary. With a psychotic vampire in the wings, and a plague knocking off the country’s head vamps, Cesca must unravel the mystery even it kills her. Again.

Buy the Book 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    I also think this time would be interesting to visit.
    I have a question if you could meet a historical figure who would it be and why?

     
  • At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is where I would go to!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Hi Starryann!

    One prime historical figure I'd like to meet is Jane Austen. She and her work fascinate me, so I'd love to have a comfortable coze with her!

    How about you? Who would you like to meet?

    Light,
    Nancy

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Hi Angelwolf!

    Big grins! I love that this time frame interests you, too.

    In reading all the answers, I've honestly often wondered why we have a draw to a particular time period. Could it be past life connections? I'd be interested to know what others think!

    Light,
    Nancy

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    I'm with you Nancy, My I love that era too!!
    Nice demands..Lol

    Maybe your right about past connections, Do you think you might have been a poor relation in a past life??
    Maybe thats why you won't go back there without some standards.
    ~Afshan

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    Hi Babyblue!

    LOL about a past as a poor relation raising my standards now! Guess I could've been a shop girl, or a tailor, or just anything, but it sure would be fun to find out!

    Have a terrific weekend!

    Light,
    Nancy

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    Regency time period is a time that I would like to visit. I like some of the dresses that they had worn during this time period.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Loretta said…

    Which time era do you enjoy writing about the most?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home