Monday, April 20, 2009

Ask An Author Week #2:Sherry Lewis

Question: If you could travel back in time for a month long vacation, which Era would you visit and why?

Sherry Lewis: I’d go back to the time of the American Revolution. I’m fascinated by that time period, and I would love to actually meet the people who were involved in founding the country I live in. I’ve visited a number of historical locations, and I’m always filled with a deep sense of reverence when I do. A few years ago, I had the chance to visit the home John Adams lived in after he left the office of US President, and I was overwhelmed as I stood in those rooms looking at portraits he and Abigail and George Washington sat for. I’m a real history nut, I guess, and there are many eras I’d love to visit for short periods of time (I’m much too addicted to modern conveniences to stay for long) but the American Revolution would have to be my number one.

Sherry is the multi-published author of contemporary and time-travel romance, and of traditional mystery. When she’s not writing or talking on the phone with her incredibly beautiful, intelligent and gifted grandchildren, she can be found teaching writing classes online. 

Visit Sherry's Website 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Terry Blain said…

    I said the American Revolution,too. Maybe we can hang out together while looking up founding fathers. I'm a big fan of John Adams.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    Sounds like you have a passion for history and yes this period though violent has much to teach. My question is this if you could meet a historical figure who would it be and why?

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    Good choice Sherry!
    I like that fact that you want to know more about our own past and how our country was shaped.
    Would you want to be up close to the changes? Like a wife of one of our founding fathers?
    ~Afshan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home