Monday, April 20, 2009

Ask An Author Week #2: Elizabeth Sinclair

Question: If you could travel back in time for a month long vacation, which Era would you visit and why?

Elizabeth Sinclair: The Antebellum South, pre-Civil War. I've always been fascinated by this time period, especially with the Creoles of New Orleans and homes in the surrounding parishes. To me, this time period is the personification of romance.

I’ve written over a dozen novels for Harlequin/Silhouette, Kensington, and Medallion Press. My husband and I live in St. Augustine, FL with our two “furry children” -- Ripley, a collie, and Lily, a Golden Retriever. Current releases – Angel Unaware and Burning Secrets. Upcoming release – Garden of the Moon 12/10.

Buy Elizabeth's Books @ Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    an interesting time would be something to see the real clothes and homes these people lived in and what life was really like then.

    If you could meet a historical figure who would it be and why?

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Sinclair said…

    Hmm. Good question, Starryann. A few years ago, I had the priviledge of visitng Marjory Kinnin Rawlings home at Cross Creek. I think I'd love to sit and chat with her on her porch about how she came up with the idea for The Yearling, one of my very favorite stories. I'd also love to know what prompted her to put roses in the toilet when she had the party to celebrate her new indoor plumbing and how she felt when the water moccasin crawled out. She was a very colorful, very self-motivated woman in many ways.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    Sounds like a romantic month is what you're looking for Elizabeth.
    Have written any romance stories from that time?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home