Monday, April 20, 2009

Ask An Author Week #2: Michelle Beattie

Question: If you could travel back in time for a month long vacation, which Era would you visit and why?

Michelle Beattie: Sometime in the wild west years of the 1800's. I like a man on a horse, love the chivalry that was there and the grit these people needed to make a living. 

I live in Alberta Canada, in an off-grid house run completely by solar power. I began writing shortly after coming back from my honeymoon.  
I originally wrote westerns but fell in love with Pirates of the Caribbean and wrote my own pirate story, which became the first book I ever sold.

Visit Michelle's Website

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    I to would like to visit this time as was born in wyoming and so feel close to history.

    If you could meet a historical figure who would it be and why?

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    I'm with you there Michelle, You can't go wrong with men on horses ;-)
    you said your pirate book was your first ever published but have you done any westerns stories?
    ~Afshan

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Michelle Beattie said…

    Starryann

    I would like to meet Jesus. I think it would be life-changing and very inspirational. Also, my great-great grandparents, and my great-grandparents for the simple chance to meet them and get to know them.

    Afshan,

    How nice to hear from you again! I have written 2 westerns, neither published yet but I'm not giving up hope. Now that I'm published I'm hoping to sell them once the pirate series is complete.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home