Monday, June 15, 2009

Ask an Author Week #10: Elizabeth Sinclair

Question: What is the "coolest" or most interesting thing that has happened to you since becoming a published author?

EElizabeth Sinclair: I have to say the day I met a little old lady in the book section of Walmart, and she recognized my name and began rattling off the titles in my backlist of Harlequin/Silhouette books. It was the very first time I was recognized by my name and not the title of one of my books. Then she had me autograph her electric bill so she could prove to her reading buddies that she'd really met me.



I’ve written over a dozen novels for Harlequin/Silhouette, Kensington, and Medallion Press. My husband and I live in St. Augustine, FL with our two “furry children” -- Ripley, a collie, and Lily, a Golden Retriever. Current releases – Angel Unaware and Burning Secrets. Upcoming release – Garden of the Moon 12/10.

Buy Elizabeth's Books @ Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh, how fun! I would love to have my electric bill autographed by you, it would be much more fun to pay it then!

    Sincerely,

    Chris Mead

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger starryann2000 said…

    If you had not been an author what profession do you think you might have gone into and why do you think you would have liked that particular career?

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Sinclair said…

    starryann- Teaching, definitely. I love doing workshops and teaching other writers the craft. Yup. Had to be teaching.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Sinclair said…

    creatnchris -- What a lovely thing to say! I think. LOL

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Michele said…

    What a fun thing to happen! I'm still waiting for my big moment!

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger J K Maze said…

    I'll bet that lady never ever throws away that electric bill.

    I could say that if I couldn't be an author I'd be either a singer or an artist, but then I've been both. I think I'd like to be like that man who took on the lives of others, doctor, professor, etc., only without getting arrested.
    It would provide the variety I like.

    Joan K Maze
    www.joanmaze.com

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    Hi Elizabeth,
    That's cute. That bil will always be with her. :).
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home