Monday, April 27, 2009

Ask An Author Week #3: Michelle Beattie

Question: If you could meet anyone of your characters in person, who would it be and why?

Michelle Beattie: Definitely Luke from What a Pirate Desires because he does remind me of Johnny Depp and I love his confidence and his sense of humour is very similar to mine so I know he'd make me smile.

I live in Alberta Canada, in an off-grid house run completely by solar power. I began writing shortly after coming back from my honeymoon.  
I originally wrote westerns but fell in love with Pirates of the Caribbean and wrote my own pirate story, which became the first book I ever sold.

Visit Michelle's Website

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:41 AM, Blogger Carol L. said…

    Hello Michelle,
    What a Pirate Desires sounds like a great read to me. Pirates are so sexy when written into Romance stories. And if they happen to be like Johnny Depp or say Antonio Banderas then all the better. :)
    Carol L.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger robynl said…

    hi to a fellow Canadian and next province over neighbor. Did you Westerns ever get published or are you going to try to get them published as I love Westerns? Thanks.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    im with carol, johnny or antonio

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Babyblue22 said…

    Hi Michelle,
    You had me at Johnny Depp..LOL
    ~Afshan

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Michelle Beattie said…

    Robyn, Once the pirate series is complete (5 in all) I will actively pursue getting the westerns sold. As of yet, none are.

    Carol, Afshan and Blackroze, I too LOVE Johnny, especially as Captain Jack. Luke has some of Jack's cockiness, so if you like Jack, I HIGHLY recommend What a Pirate Desires! lol!

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love pirate stories, especially ones in a series. And I like Westerns too. I look forward to reading them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home