Monday, May 11, 2009

Ask An Author Week #5: Carrie Lofty

Question: What is your favorite Season to write in and why? 

Carrie Lofty:  Winter. I love the coziness of winter, where staying in all day feels like a good idea rather than some terrible waste of brilliant weather. Summer always means going to the beach (Lake Michigan) or taking walks. Winter...bring on the hot cocoa and another two hours of work!

Born in California, raised in Indiana, Carrie found the love of her life in England. What a Scoundrel Wants, the hot, adventurous tale of Will Scarlet and his dangerous lady love, was a 12/08 Zebra Debut. Scoundrel’s Kiss will follow in 01/10, featuring a warrior monk and an opium addict. 

Visit Carrie's Website 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love the coziness of winter as well but having lived in KY, I can do without the feet of snow

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Caroline said…

    I like to write in the Winter mostly; wrapped up snugly with my dog lying on my feet keeping me warm. Summer has way too many distractions such as gardening and sitting in the sun! Take care. Caroline x

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger kansassweet43 said…

    I personally don't like the cold and snow anymore. I am going to move some place warm when I retire. LOL. I live in kansas so there is always the changing seasons. I love summer the most I think.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a great read.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Stacey Smith said…

    I always loved a scoudrel. dont you? winter is so much fun to just lay around in.living in Ca. it so hot in the summer it never fun at all.
    sasluvbooks@yahoo.com

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Carrie Lofty said…

    I've only just gotten used to Wisconsin winters, even though I've been here for four years and grew up in northern Indiana, which isn't too shabby in the snow department. But being by Lake Michigan is strange because I haven't felt the true hot blast of summer in some time. Lake breezes make it all tolerable...but not so conducive to writing!

    Thanks for stopping by, everyone. I hope you enjoy WHAT A SCOUNDREL WANTS!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I do seem to get a lot more reading done in the winter than summer.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Kytaira said…

    Grew up in WI now living in WA and I so agree. In WI it was fun to be inside on a snowy day. Love looking out the window and seeing the snow fall. Now in WA winter means rain more than anything else. Its great snuggling up in bed, listening to the falling rain and knowing I don't need to go anywhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home