Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Tribute to the Grand Dame of Romance...

It was with great sadness that I learned of Kathleen E Woodiwiss' death on July 6 2007. Like many readers, I cut my teeth on such "bodice rippers" as The Flame and the Flower, Ashes in the Wind, A Rose in Winter, etc. As an author and lover of historical romance, I felt compelled to write this short tribute to Ms. Woodiwiss.



The first time I read The Wolf and the Dove was a "life-altering" experience. Few novels can claim this distinction, and it inspired me to write my own epic romance. Ms. Woodiwiss had a remarkable talent which fired the imagination of a legion of romance authors like myself, and hooked millions of readers. With over thirty-six million copies in print, and after thirty years of publication, Kathleen continued be one of the most popular and beloved romance authors of our time.



As I write this, I am at a loss for words to express the sadness I feel at her passing. Ms. Woodiwiss sparked a genre which changed the face of the publishing industry and created a plethora of books which touched many readers' hearts. I would like to share my condolences with Kathleen's family, and with fellow readers and writers... Ms. Woodiwiss may be gone from this world, but she is not forgotten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home