Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #4


13 TV Shows I use to watch as a kid:

1. Mr. Dress-up: This is strictly a Canadian
show, I really liked Mr. Dress-up, but I
think Casey needed to be bitch-slapped!

2. Spiderman: I think the only reason kids
watched that cartoon was for the theme
song – was it cool or what?!

3. The Adventures of Hercules (cartoon):
Does anyone remember Hercules’ annoying
satyr friend who played the panpipes, and
said: “Hi ya Herc, hi ya Herc!” in that really
winy high-pitched voice? No wonder it was
cancelled!

4. The Hulk: Okay, I admit, I USE to watch
the Hulk! *hides head in shame* The only
good thing about the show was Lou Ferrigno
shirtless and painted green...

5. The Friendly Giant: Another Canadian
kid’s show. I think I loved that show for
it’s miniatures, it was so neat.

6. Fragle Rock: Why did they take it off
the air??? It was such a great show – my
favorite characters were the all-knowing
garbage heap and Traveling Matt.

7. Sesame Street: Who hasn’t watched
Sesame Street??? My favorite was the
Cookie Monster, because he liked cookies
and he looked so cuddly.

8. Lavern and Shirley: Do NOT make
me go there!

9. Taxi: Yeah, I watched a lot of “adult”
shows with my parents. Hard to believe
Danny Devito started out there, and
became one the biggest celebrities in
Hollywood. I thought he was such a
jerk until I saw Throw Mama from the
Train (one of my favorite movies).

10. Star Trek (the original series): Okay,
I admit it, I had a crush on Spock. Maybe
it was those pointy ears, or those bangs...
I’m not really sure. I think I had a thing
for those intellectual, unemotional alien
types...

11. Family Ties: Yes, it was sappy and
sweet, but I liked it for a time...at least
it had Michael J. Fox.

12. Who’s the Boss?: Does anybody
really care???

13. The A-Team: Lt. Templeton
“Faceman” Peck – enough said!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger Nicole Austin said…

    Great list! I loved watching Gilligan's Island and Happy Days.

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger Randa Clay said…

    I loved Who's the Boss! Check out my TT at http://freestuff4kids.net - 13 ways to dress up rice krispy treats!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said…

    I totally dug Dirk Benedict as a young woman. He was so cute!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Good list, I watched most of those.

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish Fraggle Rock was still on. I used to call my brother "Boober"

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said…

    I remember #2, 4, 10, and 13. My dad was a Mr. T fan so we had to watch the A-Team.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Becka said…

    **nods** A-Team. Fraggle Rock. Good stuff, there. My faves were Murdock, Wembly, and Red. :D Loved Red's wild pig-tails. LOL

    ~~Becka

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger scooper said…

    I can top your Lavern and Shirley. I had to watch the Lawrence Welk show every Sat. with my family.*puking*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home